CBD Dog Treats
- Only Two 100% Natural Whole Ingredients.
- An Effective Dose of CBD for Dogs of All Sizes
- Choose From Grass Fed Beef Liver, Wild Caught Salmon, or Sweet Potato.
- No Preservatives, Colors, Flavors, GMO's, or Anything Artificial
Pet parents know the unconditional love that dogs bring to our homes. In return, we feed and take care of them; it's a pretty good trade.
They need regular trips to the vet and grooming to stay in good health. Because unfortunately, just like us, they suffer from stress, joint stiffness and sometimes need something to help them calm down.
You might consider CBD dog treats; they are a fantastic natural way to support mental and physical well-being and promote a sense of calm.
As responsible dog moms and dads, you want a product that will be safe and effective for your pup. Read on, and we'll explain how to avoid the pitfalls and pick the best CBD dog treats for your fur family.
Freeze Dried CBD Dog Treats
Our 120 count CBD Dog treats are a great primary source of CBD for various ongoing issues. A proprietary freeze-drying and manufacturing process allows us to create these two-ingredient CBD treats for dogs without using anything artificial or any preservatives. All you'll find is grass-fed beef liver, wild-caught salmon, and organically grown sweet potato paired with the finest CBD extract. Sometimes, it's what's not there that matters.
With the same powerful formulation as our 120 count CBD Treats for Dogs, the five-count is a great option for occasional stressful events, mobility issues, or to try out the product.
CBD Soft Chews
Less concentrated in CBD than our Two ingredient freeze-dried treats, but still made without compromise. These CBD chews for Dogs are a great way to add additional targeted support for joint stiffness, stress, or skin health. The number one ingredient is grass-fed beef liver, and they are packed with powerful science-backed ingredients like Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and Salmon oil.
What Can CBD Do For My Dog?
The list of things CBD can do for dogs is constantly growing as more and more research comes to light. The issues that have been focused on the most are anxiety, pain relief, seizures, arthritis, and skin health.
The idea that CBD might be able to help dogs, with minimal side effects, has garnered pet parents' attention worldwide, and for a good reason.
It's similar in structure to substances produced by your dog's body naturally, giving it the ability to interact with something called the endocannabinoid system.
That system helps keep your dog's health in balance and influences everything from the brain to their skin.
This might sound amazing, and it is. But don't try to treat serious health conditions without consulting your vet. Because while CBD has shown it can help in certain situations, it's not a cure-all. Anyone that tells you otherwise should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Are CBD Treats Good For Dogs?
Yes, but some CBD dog treats are better for your dog's health than others. Since dog treats aren't regulated like human food, you need to pay attention to the ingredients. Often you'll find cheap fillers and meals that any loving pet parent wouldn't imagine feeding to their dog.
Our CBD treats for dogs contain only two ingredients, all human grade and delicious, guaranteed.
- Beef Liver – Beef Liver is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on earth, and ours comes from grass-fed cows, which increases the benefits.
- Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon – Salmon contains more beneficial fatty acids, including DHA and EPA, than any other fish. We only use salmon fillets in our treats; you won't find any cheap fillers or meals here.
- Organically Grown Sweet Potato – Sweet Potatoes are rich in dietary fiber, low in fat, high in vitamins, and low in calories. Most importantly, dogs love them. If you're looking for a plant-based and sustainable option for your dog, this is it.
- CBD – We'll let you in on a little secret, there's a huge variety in the quality of CBD extracts. We'll keep it simple, but we use only the most suitable and effective extract for animals. That means its C02 extracted from organically grown hemp to create a full spectrum extract. The THC is then removed by a low-temperature process that ensures only the best and safest parts of the plant remain.
How Long Do CBD Dog Treats Take To Work?
CBD dog treats take about an hour and a half to start working. They are absorbed through digestion, which takes longer than a CBD oil placed under the tongue. You can expect a CBD oil to start working in as little as 20 minutes.
CBD's effects have been shown to increase over months and even years. So if you don't see a drastic impact immediately, you shouldn't throw in the towel right away.
Dogs can't communicate how they feel, so look carefully for improved symptoms, like less limping, a calmer demeanor, or increased appetite.
Are there any Side Effects?
The most common side effects of CBD are drowsiness and diarrhea; these side effects will subside either with time or if you reduce the dosage.
Other less common side effects include:
- Dry Mouth
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Increased Liver Enzymes
These less likely side effects are also reversible if you stop using the product or lower the dose.
How Many CBD Treats should I Give My Dog?
It depends on the treats, and since there isn't a standard dosage of CBD for animals or people, it comes down to the company that makes the product.
Our CBD dog treats dosage is based on science, but that doesn't mean it's complicated. Just pick a product based on your dog's weight and look at the dosage table on the treats to find our recommendation.
We suggest a 3-6mg/kg CBD dose, three times higher than what we recommend for CBD oil. This higher dose is essential if you want CBD dog treats to work because of the small amount of CBD available for use after they're eaten.
This lack of availability after metabolization is called the first-pass effect, and it's a well-known phenomenon.
The dosage of CBD treats for dogs isn't an exact science either; some dogs may require less or more to help with the same issue. One thing is for sure, though; they have a far better chance of success if the dosage is based upon weight.
There is an FDA-approved drug used to treat certain forms of epilepsy in humans. It’s suggested for use in children as young as one year old. The dosage they recommend is as much as 25mg/kg of CBD a day, and that’s for a CBD oil product.
How To Choose The Best CBD Dog Treats
Finding effective CBD treats for your fur family is harder than you might think; here are the key things to look out for to ensure tails are left wagging.
- Do They Contain Enough CBD To Work? Only 4-20% of CBD is usable once it reaches your dog's stomach, so the amount of CBD needs to be increased to make up for that loss.
- Are They Effective For Your Dog's Weight? Dogs aren't people; they have a huge weight range. A product that works for a Chihuahua won't work for a Great Dane. That's why our CBD treats range from 2mg each up to 80mg per treat.
- Enough To Last – This one seems simple, but it's often overlooked. If the bag contains only 30 CBD treats, how long will it last if you use it twice a day? We sell our treats in 120 counts for ongoing issues or five counts for occasional use, like fireworks anxiety. The 120 count is designed to last on average 30 days for any dog when used twice a day.
- What's In Them? Most conscious pet parents want to avoid giving their dogs treats containing a long list of unnatural ingredients. You'll also want to make sure they are tested by a third-party lab and include the amount of CBD they advertise on the label.
We encourage you to check out our lab results; you'll find CBD, CBDV, CBN, CBG, and CBC, along with undetectable levels of THC in our freeze-dried treats.
Why Trust Us?
Fast and Free US Shipping
We offer free US shipping on all orders, and free 2-day shipping when you spend more than $100.
Money Back Guarantee
No Disappointed Pups. Guaranteed.
Our team has decades of experience with CBD for dogs. Call or email us with any questions or issues.