100% Natural Ingredients
Every ingredient in our CBD oil for cats is 100% natural.
Colorado Grown Hemp
Not all hemp is created equal, we source the finest CBD extract from organically cultivated Colorado grown hemp plants.
We thoroughly test all of our products to ensure they are safe for your cat.
Whole Plant Health
Over 30 whole plant Terpenes, Flavonoids, and Fatty/ Omega acids
Coconut oil (MCT)
CBD from Organically grown hemp
Table Of Contents
(click to scroll to section)
- What is CBD oil for cats?
- Can cats have CBD oil?
- Is CBD oil safe for cats?
- CBD for cats with anxiety and aggression: our story
- How to choose the best CBD oil for cats
- Frequently asked questions
WHAT IS CBD OIL FOR CATS?
CBD (cannabidiol) is the most abundant compound in the hemp plant, which is marijuana's non-intoxicating cousin.
You may have heard that CBD oil for cats can help fight cancer, support reduced anxiety, or provide relief for cats suffering from joint pain, but is there any truth to all of these supposed health benefits?
Cats, similar to humans, have an endocannabinoid system that works with the various cannabinoids in hemp to keep bodily functions in check; this means that CBD oil can be just as effective for your Cat as it is for you.
can cats have cbd oil?
Yes, cats can have CBD oil. Cats, just like humans, naturally produce endocannabinoids; these molecules are similar to the cannabinoids CBD and THC.
To understand how CBD works for your cat, you first have to understand the endocannabinoid system (ECS). So far the ECS has been linked to many bodily functions, including:
- Liver Function
- The Reproductive System
- The Cardiovascular System
Research has found that THC binds with the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the same way that the body's naturally occurring endocannabinoids do; this can have a wide range of effects ranging anywhere from a high feeling to increased hunger.
CBD Oil acts a little differently; It doesn't bind with the same receptors as THC. It may stop your cat's endocannabinoids from breaking down, which would explain the fact that it is non-intoxicating while still able to influence bodily functions like pain, anxiety, and inflammation.
Research has shown that the ECS plays a major role in keeping bodily functions in cats, and all mammals, balanced and healthy.
IS cbd oil safe for cats?
There are not currently any deaths or serious injuries associated with CBD oil for cats, and many veterinarians consider it to be safe.
However, there are no studies focused on the safety of CBD oil for cats, so until there is further research, we cannot say for sure.
Your Cat is not likely to get sick from CBD products made from hemp, as they legally contain less than 0.3% THC. Serious side effects most often occur when a cat eats marijuana edibles or flowers, which contain up to 30% THC.
When choosing a safe CBD oil for your Cat, make sure the company displays lab results showing the cannabinoid content of their products and also to show that they don't contain any unwanted pesticides, microbial bacteria, or heavy metals.
CBD for cats with anxiety and aggression: our story
Relievet is a family-owned business, and if you haven't already guessed it, we love animals. We live with 5 of them, including our two cats Gremlin and Mungo.
We adopted them as kittens from the San Diego Humane Society about two years ago, at which time the staff explained to us that they were left abandoned in an alley. When we first got them home, they were very skinny and scared of everything.
We figured with love and proper care that they would grow out of this, and for Gremlin, this was true. She has grown into the friendliest cat we've met, she continually looks for attention and sits on our laps at every opportunity.
Unfortunately, despite a loving and safe environment, Mungo remained anxious and sometimes aggressive towards our other pets.
By this point, we had already been giving CBD to our dog Biscuit for her arthritis, with excellent results.
We had also found research showing CBD was able to help people with social anxiety disorder. For these reasons, we decided to try the natural route.
We give Mungo 1/3rd of a dropper of our 150mg CBD oil for Cats twice a day, which is right in the middle of our recommended dosage range for her weight.
The change in her behavior was clear; she was sitting on our laps every night, something which she rarely did before. A week went by with no aggressive incidents towards our other dogs and cats; we were starting to feel relieved.
In the following year, we only had a couple of incidents of aggression; we used to have a couple a day.
It was this experience that inspired us to make natural CBD products to help other families with Cats.
How to choose the best cbd oil for cats
The CBD industry is largely unregulated, and there are many inferior products for sale. As a consumer, there are some things you should always look for when trying to find the best CBD oil for your cats:
- Lab Testing – An honest company will have lab results to show you exactly what cannabinoids are, or aren't, in their products.
- 100% Natural – There's no reason to add anything that isn't 100% natural to CBD oil for your cat; watch out for artificial flavors.
- Hemp-Derived – CBD product must be hemp-derived to be legal for sale in the US.
- Broad or Full Spectrum – Recent research has shown that broad or full-spectrum products are more effective than CBD isolate (or pure CBD) products. Broad-spectrum products like ours contain no THC.
- It Contains No Pesticides, Microbial Bacteria, Or Heavy Metals – Lab results should show you that your cat's product is free of any unwanted and potentially harmful pesticides, heavy metals, or microbial bacteria.
- Non-GMO – I'm sure you try to avoid genetically modified products for yourself, we believe that your cat deserves the same level of care.
- Organically Cultivated – Non-organic crops are often grown with potentially harmful pesticides and unnatural fertilizers, go organic whenever possible.
WHY CHOOSE RELIEVET
Fast and Free US Shipping
Always free shipping.
Money Back Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with our products you can contact us within 30 days for a refund.
We have a team of CBD experts here to answer all of your questions.
We do our best to ship all orders within 24 hours of receipt - (Monday - Saturday)
We ship our orders from San Diego, California, USA.
No, CBD is not weed for cats, and it won't get your cat high. Weed comes from the flowers of the marijuana plant; our CBD oils for cats come from the flowers of the hemp plant.
The most important difference is the amounts of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD) in these two plants.
• Hemp CBD – Hemp plants are a variety of the Cannabis Sativa species, and they have very high concentrations of CBD while containing less than 0.3% THC. This lack of THC means that hemp-derived CBD oils are non-intoxicating yet can provide all the potential health benefits of CBD and other cannabinoids.
• Marijuana (weed) - Marijuana comes from the flowers of either the Cannabis Indica or Cannabis Sativa species. These flowers can contain north of 30% THC, which can give you a powerful high when ingested, smoked, or vaped.
We don't recommend that you give your Cat weed; though it has many potential health benefits for humans, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) says that it can cause serious health problems and even death in Cats.
Anyone who has a cat will know that they can be very picky eaters. When developing our CBD products, we tried full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate products.
What we learned was that Full and broad-spectrum products are more effective than isolate, but full-spectrum can be quite strong in taste and odor.
While some dogs will tolerate the strong taste of full-spectrum CBD oil, we found that cats are far pickier.
Cats usually like the taste of our broad-spectrum CBD oil, but in some cases, you may have to entice them with a piece of ham or by dropping the oil in their food.
If all else fails, you can resort to a CBD isolate product; this will be odorless and tasteless unless it has added flavors. You will need to use more, and may still not be able to achieve the same results.
Deciding how much CBD Oil to give your cat doesn't have to be complicated.
All you have to do is pick a bottle based on your cat's weight, and when it arrives, you will see our dosage recommendations for your cat's weight.
If your cat is suffering from anxiety, we recommend that you start at the lower end of our dosage recommendation, as studies have shown that CBD can support reduced anxiety in animals at a low dose.
For chronic pain and seizures, studies have shown positive results at a higher dose; in these cases, we suggest that you start towards the upper end of our recommendation.
We provide a 1ml plastic dropper in each bottle, and it has 0.25ml embossed graduations. We do this for a couple of reasons, primarily so that you can safely get CBD oil under your cat's tongue, where it will be best absorbed.
CBD as an industry is still in the early phases, and there is a lot of confusion surrounding hemp oil vs. CBD oil for cats.
You can buy oil for cats on amazon marketed as containing 30,000mg of hemp for $20 a bottle, yet we sell 150mg of CBD hemp oil for $29.95.
Both of these products come from the hemp plant, so they should both be effective, right?
Not exactly; what matters is what part of the hemp plant they are made with:
• Hemp CBD Oil – This is what you will find in Relievet products: it comes from the flowers of the hemp plant, which contain 12 – 18% CBD and many other beneficial cannabinoids. To be legal, it has to contain less than 0.3% THC so that it won't get your Cat high
• Hemp Seed Oil – This is what you will find on amazon, its actually against their terms of service to sell CBD products. It comes from the seeds of the hemp plant, and though it is rich in vitamins and minerals, it contains almost no CBD or other beneficial cannabinoids.
Relievet is family-owned, and our goal is to improve the quality of life of animals. If you are not satisfied with our products in any way you can contact us within 30 days for a full refund.
We recommend storing our CBD oil for cats in a cool place, away from direct sunlight.
The side effects of CBD oil for Cats are generally considered to be minor and should subside if you stop giving the product to your cat. They include:
To reduce the risk of side effects, we recommend that you start your cat on the lower end of our recommended dosage range and increase gradually.
Recent research has shown that CBD is more effective when accompanied by the other naturally occurring cannabinoids in hemp; this is called the entourage effect.
Broad-spectrum products like Relievet CBD Oil for Cats are made with care to retain as many of the naturally occurring cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids as possible.
OTHER RELIEVET PRODUCTS
A FEW OF OUR HAPPY CUSTOMERS
Cannabinoid Receptors and the Endocannabinoid System: Signaling and Function in the Central Nervous System
Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders
Cannabidiol reduces aggressiveness
Single-Dose Pharmacokinetics and Preliminary Safety Assessment with Use of CBD-Rich Hemp Nutraceutical in Healthy Dogs and Cats
A systematic review of cannabidiol dosing in clinical populations
An Update on Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol: A Review of Clinical Data and Relevant Animal Studies