- Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract – CBD (A nanoemulsion of organically cultivated, C02 extracted cannabinoids for maximum bioavailability through digestion)
- Dried Brewers Yeast (Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, promotes healthy skin, eyes, hair, and reduced anxiety)
- Glycerin (Vegetable derived glycerin helps us create that chewy bite)
- Gum Arabic (A natural source of fiber, it helps keep our chews nutritionally balanced)
- Sodium Alginate (This seaweed extract acts as a thickening agent)
- Beef Liver Powder (Liver is a great source of protein, vitamins A and B, iron, and promotes cardiovascular function)
- Natural Bacon Flavor (Natural bacon flavor helps us create a consistent flavor that all dogs love)
- Flaxseed Oil (Flaxseed is known to have anti-inflammatory effects, improve kidney function, and keep a dogs coat healthy)
- Microcrystalline Cellulose (Natural polymer found in the walls of plant cells. Used to bind and stabilize for that chewy bite)
- Organic Sweet Potato Powder (Great natural source of protein, iron, fiber, and vitamin A.)
- Sunflower Lecithin (Don’t worry, it comes from non-GMO sunflower seeds and can lower cholesterol, improve heart health, improve digestion, and moisturize skin.)
- Citrus Pectin (Natural compound found in many fruits, including citrus, apples, and plums.)
- Dextrin (As a source of very soluble fiber, dextrin is also linked to higher bone density, lowering weight, and skin health.)
- Vitamin E (This essential vitamin is an antioxidant that supports your dog's immune system, heart health, skin, and much more.)
- Sodium Propionate (Organic Preservative)
- Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate (Natural mineral source of calcium which supports strong bones and teeth)
- Mixed Tocopherols (Natural Preservative)
- CBD: What Is It?
- How Do CBD Dog Chews Work?
- What Are They Used For?
- How Safe Are They?
- Can They Be Used With Other CBD Products?
- How Do I Choose The Best CBD Chews For Dogs?
What Is CBD (Cannabidiol)?
CBD is one of the 150+ known compounds in the hemp plant, which is a strain of the Cannabis Sativa plant species. Our hemp calming chews are made with organically cultivated US hemp and contain 0.0% THC, so your dog can enjoy all of the benefits of this wonderful plant without getting high.
CBD is the most abundant cannabinoid in hemp; it works with your dog's endocannabinoid system to keep their bodily functions in balance, all while remaining completely non-intoxicating.
At Relievet, we make our CBD chews for dogs with a C02 extracted full spectrum hemp that is refined at a low temperature to remove 100% of the THC; this creates a very safe broad-spectrum product rich in cannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes.
Research has shown that the healing powers of CBD are amplified when these whole-plant aspects are retained, by what is called the entourage effect.
CBD Chews For Dogs: How Do They Work?
You’ve probably heard about all the benefits of CBD; you may have also heard that it is most effective when taken in an oil form. While research shows CBD is more bioavailable when taken under the tongue, it is possible to make effective hemp chews for dogs.
We make relievet hemp dog chews with a CBD nano-emulsion. You might think this sounds complicated, but it is quite simple; smaller particles of cannabinoids have a greater surface area, which means that when your dog eats our chews, they will still be able to absorb a lot of CBD.
Why Do We Make K9 Hemp Chews?
We want CBD to be available to all dogs, and we know that not all dogs will cooperate if you try to place a dropper under their tongue; it is for this reason that we sell healthy chews for dogs.
What Can I Use Them For?
It's no secret that people have been using CBD for a variety of ailments. The good news is that all of these benefits can also apply to dogs; here are a few of them:
- Support Reduced Anxiety – Research has shown that CBD can support reduced anxiety in both humans and animals.
- Airline Travel – Dogs are members of the family, and are increasingly traveling with us on flights. CBD can help alleviate the stress your best friend goes through when traveling.
- Fireworks – Fireworks are terrifying for dogs. The effects of CBD on anxiety make it a great way to help your dog get through them with reduced stress.
- Hip And Joint Support – Arthritis is very common in older dogs, and many of the conventional medications available have serious side effects if taken long term. CBD has relatively minor side effects and can be a great natural way to support hip and joint health.
Are They Safe?
Our mission is to make products that you can trust for your four-legged family, and we apply this same philosophy to our chews.
Let's talk about THC; it’s the ingredient in marijuana that gets people high. Marijuana is widely accepted to be relatively safe for people, but unfortunately, that is not the case with dogs. If they ingest it in large quantities, it can cause serious health problems and even death, usually from concentrated marijuana-derived edibles and flowers with 20%+ THC.
It is very unlikely your dog is going to get sick from ingesting hemp-derived CBD products as, by law, they should only contain a maximum of 0.3% THC. However, the long term effects of even small amounts of THC on dogs are not known.
In our quest to make safe chews for dogs, we chose to make our products out of a completely THC free broad-spectrum hemp extract, which is rich in naturally retained (not added in) whole-plant terpenes and flavonoids.
We have found that CBD can be very effective without THC, as long as the final product retains much of the other compounds present in hemp.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The side effects of CBD are rare and usually minor, especially when no THC is involved. According to veterinary news, it has a good safety profile. They include:
If you notice any of these side effects, you should reduce the dosage of CBD; if they persist, you should stop and contact your veterinarian.
Can I Give My Dog A Calm Chew With other CBD Products?
Yes, It is safe to give your dog both Relievet CBD oil and CBD hemp chews at the same time. We do recommend that you start on the low end of our recommended dosage range for both products. There is no one size fits all solution to CBD dosage, it is for this reason that we say to start low and increase as necessary.
Are These The Best CBD Chews For Dogs?
If you are looking for an easy and effective way to give CBD to your dog, we think our chews are the answer. They provide as many benefits of this wonderful plant as possible while being completely safe for your pet family.
Relievet is family-owned, and our goal is to improve the quality of life of animals. If you are not satisfied with our products in any way you can contact us within 30 days for a full refund.
We almost always ship your order within 24 hours. If you are in the USA, our free shipping takes between 1-3 days, but you do have the option to pay extra for expedited shipping at checkout. We are based in San Diego CA.